We are FEEDING, EDUCATING, MOVING and GIVING in our communities.
Donate today to help us connect when it counts
THE YMCA OF GREATER BOSTON PROVIDES:
Since the beginning of the Coronavirus pandemic in March 2020, the YMCA of Greater Boston, along with our partners,...
- Provided free emergency care across 12 sites to nearly 428 children of essential workers from 139 companies for a total of 135,500 hours of safe and nurturing care during the Commonwealth's shutdown through June 29
- Launched Early Education, Day Camp and Summer Learning for 1,570 children for a total of 686,449 hours of safe and nurturing care throughout the summer
- Employed 446 youth workers completing 137,530 hours of summer employment elevating their self-worth, self-confidence and sense of responsibility
- Provided community access to our virtual fitness and educational classes, with 74,176 visits
- Continues to feed children, seniors and families with over 4.6 million meals (3.7 million grab and go and prepared meals and 193,093 bags of groceries) delivered across 70 locations. Opened 26 Community Learning Centers and Afterschool Programs providing 417,438 hours of academic support and care to 761 children. Continued to expand Early Education programs during the fall opening of school providing 374,425 hours of learning and care to 371 children.